Get your kids excited for the session and let them know how much fun it will be. Please pass up the “you better be on your best behavior and practice your smile speech.”
Kids know when you are stressed, breath, I have kids too… It will be okay!
Photo sessions are fun, for you and them. If they have a toy or a favorite item, it’s okay…
What to wear?
- Wear an outfit that lets kids move if possible.
- Unless you have to have a logo in your photo, I would say skip that shirt… Logo’s date photo’s.
- Bold patterns are great for kids, but if not for groups of children. Groups need to go “simpler.”
- Play off the location you decided to do the photos.
- Also, you can bring a change of clothes… Just plan on a location or how to change.
Do’s & Don’ts
- Drink tons of water the day before and the day of.
- Eat, do not arrive hungry. I don’t work with hangry kids.
- Kids may get dirty, I have photoshop, please don’t panic.
Finally HAVE FUN!
Minor Photography Rules for My Studio
Children / Minors (age 17 and under) and the word sexy do not go in the sentence. Parents are required to watch the length of skirts and shorts. In most cases I will not photograph any minor wearing clothing (non-sporting gear) more than two inches above finger tip length… I will not photograph minors (anyone under 18) with writing on their backside. I have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.